As an independent professional society, the Dutch Association for Psychotrauma (Nederlandstalige Vereniging voor Psychotrauma, NtVP) aims to improve the quality of prevention, identification and treatment of traumatic stress sequelae, to promote mental health after trauma and minimize the deleterious effects on society.
NtVP aims to accomplish this through:
- Combining and disseminating scientific knowledge and best practices of prevention, development, diagnostics and treatment of psychotrauma;
- Improving and guarding quality and expertise of professional caregivers by means of accrediting training, education and certification of individual caregivers;
- Offering a multidisciplinary network with psychotrauma expertise, to share knowledge and promote discussion for the improvement of professional development;
- Defending societal interests in the field of psychotrauma;
- Close co-operation with the international network through the European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS).
The European Society of Traumatic Stress Studies promotes the sharing of knowledge and experience about all aspects of psychotraumatology. We do this by fostering research and best practice, building networks, and by contributing to public policy at a European level.
The main objectives of ESTSS, contained within the ESTSS mission statement, are:
- To increase and disseminate knowledge of traumatic stress based on good science.
- To identify cross European issues, such as differences in training and certification.
- To stimulate cross European training for different levels of certification.
- To stimulate and help to set up local societies in different European countries.
- To help establish European wide research on traumatic stress.
- To focus on European issues relating to traumatic stress, e.g. disaster response, uniform services, child abuse etc.
- To liaise with pan-European and international organisations/bodies.
Miriam Lommen, Joanne Mouthaan (chairs)
Marie-Louise Kullberg , Karlijn Schöls, Rick de Haart, Elze Landkroon, Claartje König, Merel Velu (committee assistants)
Agnes van Minnen
Vittoria Ardino (SISST, Italy)
Cherie Armour (UKPTS, United Kingdom)
Maria Böttche (DeGPT, German speaking countries)
Margarida Figueiredo Braga (Centro de Trauma, Portugal)
Tanja Franciskovic (CSTS, Croatia)
Jana Javakhashvili (GSP, Georgia)
Maja Lis – Turlejska (PTBS, Poland)
Tatiana Nazarenko (USOCTE, Ukraine)
Naomi Vandamme (BIP, Belgium)
Paulina Zelviene (LSTSS, Lithuania)
Zoran Sukovic (ESTSS secretary)